Thursday, August 24, 2006

The one-armed paperhanger lives...

Here we see the fabulous Jackie, from what was her first "official" photo shoot. I was immensely impressed with her look, her poise, and her ideas. She's been a singer with bands for a while, so she didn't convey any stage fright when it came to posing. I predict many more shoots with her...

I know I promised further updates soon, but I've been wrecklessly busy with shoots, actual day job obligations, and lots of good stuff, so it'll just have to be a quick one today. I'm actually intending to keep shooting to a minimum in September so I can catch up on getting things done and making progress on some other fronts, such as selling prints, and maybe a little publishing.

This is Jael, who contacted me to do a shoot of her with her boyfriend in some sexy situations, along the lines of some of my other more popular images. I enjoy those types of shoots, and have been very pleased with the results most of the time, so maybe that's a direction I'll be expanding into further. It's amusing how much prodding it takes to get some of these boyfriends to touch their beautiful model girlfriends, and it's a challenge to make the interaction appear genuine. Of course, I've never been on the other side of the camera in that situation, so I guess I can't really appreciate the intimidation factor that might be involved, especially for a non-model (although some of the "real models" haven't fared much better). So, any of you models reading the blog, let me know if you'd like to give this type of shoot a try sometime. If you're not currently seeing anyone, I'm sure I'll have no trouble finding volunteers.

No comments: