Thursday, September 21, 2006

Honors...


Well, this weekend is "The Dirty Show" and it's an honor to have a couple pieces hanging in the show, and I've been scrambling to get some prints ready for sale in the "Museum Store" at the event. Or another honor I'll mention now and again is when an image gets a "Showcase" on OMP. But I would say one of the best honors for me is when a model chooses to feature one of my photos as the main image on her portfolio, especially if the shot is not "brand new." As I'm writing this (subject to change, of course), the stunning Sarah Ellis has a photo of ours from last spring (above) as her main OMP image. Sarah has shot with most of the top photographers in the midwest, and you just have to click the link above to see the scads of great images on her portfolio page. But she is currently featuring mine as her main image, and wrote me a nice note to let me know she's back from her summer vacation and is ready to shoot again. In this game, I have to think that ranks as one of the nicest honors I could wish for. Thanks Sarah! :D


Speaking of honors, the shot of Sarah with the sandals above won a prize in the Nerve Photo contest a few months back... the theme was "sexiest picture of someone wearing just sandals." She should have swept the awards, but the judge had a strong "pro grunge" bias... oh well.

No comments: