Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Some things go right!

Well, sometimes, SOMETHING goes right, too. However small.

When I'm at a shoot, instead of a laptop, I use the Epson P-2000 to offload images from my camera's memory cards, so I can re-use the cards during the shoot. Recently it stopped working using battery power and would only work with the AC adapter, which limits its usefulness. Luckily, it happened to break about three weeks BEFORE the warranty ran out, so I sent it back to be repaired.

While I was waiting for its return, I noticed that one of my memory cards was missing and realized that it was still in the P-2000 when I sent it for repairs. So, I made a couple calls to Epson, and managed to talk to a PERSON at the repair place in Indiana, who said she'd look into finding the card. A short while later, I got a call from her saying that YES, they did find the card, and that the unit was ready to be sent back that day! If I'd called the next day, the card probably would have been lost forever.

So, just wanted to report on something going right here, however insignificant. The P-2000 and the card are both back, along with the images that were on the card, including this shot of Angie. I wonder if the repair people looked at the card...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Gary! Lovely image.