Saturday, January 20, 2007

"Now I wanna be your dog..."

The building where my studio is located is something of a hodge-podge of artist's studios, small businesses, hobby businesses, and a few informal hangouts. There's a couple down at the far end of my hall who are usually there when I am, and their dog, Dave, is pictured here with the boldly beautiful Teddie.

Dave has a knack for tracking models, especially nude or semi-nude, such as Teddie here. Sometimes I wander outside the confines of the studio proper, into the hallways, elevators, stairwells or outside the building, and it seems that at 80% of these shoots, I'll hear the sound of thundering pawbeats as Dave tracks us down to check out the model. While Dave is a pit bull, he is a very sweet dog, and the models usually melt when they see him and reward him with affection and attention. Generally, Dave's arrival precedes his owner, so that gives the model a chance to cover up, but sometimes, the models don't bother, as with Teddie here, whose self-confidence in the situation impressed me. On this occasion, the owner asked if I could take a couple snapshots of Dave with the model so he could show his buddies "what a player" his dog is. So, here's the proof. Sometimes a dog's life can be pretty sweet.

No comments: