Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Syncronicity

It's a strange phenomenon, but it seems that each month has ONE day/weekend that everyone chooses when scheduling events -- three weekends of nothing in particular, and one with three, four or more events. February 10th weekend is one of those. The main event will be the Dirty Show in Detroit, but it turns out that's also the weekend selected for Boyd's first "Fetish Ball" in Toledo, and a group shoot at Collingwood. In addition, the esteemed Candy Poses will be in Detroit for the weekend, so I've been trying to set up time with her, which I've been looking forward to since our first shoot a year ago November. There are a couple other events that I'd probably take part in if there weren't so many conflicts that weekend. But I have nothing really concrete the rest of February, apart from a shoot here and there.

Is it just that everyone thought that the weekend before Valentine's Day would be a good time? Or just strange coincidence that only seems apparent because of my perception? In this case, I think a lot of these events revolve around the Dirty Show. I'm sure there's a rational explanation this month, but in other months, it occurs with unrelated events from different spheres. Oh well... I guess it beats having nothing to do through the entire month.

The shot is the sparkly JJ Plush from the last Collingwood Group Shoot, just showcased on OMP.

No comments: