Friday, March 16, 2007

Dingers

After a bit of a dry spell, a couple new OMP showcases*. The top one is the bright shiny Penny tossing her hair in the air like she just don't care. Penny was initially brought to me by a model friend of hers because she wanted some pictures for her boyfriend's birthday. She'd never done any modeling before, but liked my work and wanted to see what I'd do with her. Our brief "introductory" session I figured would just be some casual portraits, but her first question was "so, do I get undressed now?" (The answer to which is almost always "yes" by the way.) We got some really lovely images that day, but I wanted more time with her and also she wanted to do more shots with a variety of wardrobe. Our second shoot was a lot of fun, too, and she had the poise and confidence of an experienced model, and I really love a lot of what we did. Ironically, the boyfriend who was the motivation for her shooting is now history, but I think Penny may have caught the modeling bug, at least as a fun diversion. Life is funny that way sometimes. I'm looking forward to yet another shoot sometime soon with her, maybe some outdoor work. Thanks Penny!

The second shot is Cheyenne, someone I'd talked with for quite a while before we actually worked together. We already have a lot of ideas for another shoot, but I need to keep those under my hat for now. Look for more from this shoot, too... two showcases so far from the day, with many other candidates to be posted. My thanks to you, too, Cheyenne.

Going to be away from the computer most of the weekend, shooting like a madman, but the next post will be #200 on this blog, so I'll have time to ruminate on some grand bi-centennial sort of statement of mission and purpose. Or maybe just a cool batch of photos. As always, your comments, questions and suggestions are greatly encouraged.

*For my thoughts on the significance and insignificance of OMP showcases, please check this entry.

No comments: