Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Thanks BT

Friend and photographer BT Charles has decided to retire his blog due to what sounds like a great variety of other opportunities and obligations, but is also planning to expand his photographic "focus" as well. He spells it all out here. Although I've only known him for a few months, he's given me quite a bit of encouragement and support in my work, as well as being a generous resource. I'll miss reading his blog, but I know I'll be hearing from him.

On edit, BT couldn't stay away for long... I knew it! Check out his resuscitated blog.

Rose as a lamp, an idea unknowingly plundered from Andi. Before the shoot, I wandered into the room where Andi, Rose and Charity were chatting and setting up, and Rose had the lampshade on her head. I thought she was just goofing around, but figured it could be a fun little thing to shoot. Found out after the fact that Andi had suggested she don the lampshade, and was also considering shooting it. As we were shooting, Andi also suggested adding the cord. So I guess she deserves a lot of the credit for this one. Or blame, as the case may be.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Don't be silly! I just put the lampshade on Beth's head, 'cos it looked like a nice place for it. I wouldn't have had time to shoot it...you take too damned long! ;)

Anonymous said...

Intentional idea or not, its a really cute shot.

Actually, makes me think of being a kid, and that joke of truth or dare in some cartoon or something, in which the person have to run around the block in nothing but your underwear and a lmap shade on your head.