Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Candy twist

Here are a couple more of Candy from back in February when she was in the area for The Dirty Show and such.

I'm not sure just how recent the phenomenon is, or maybe it's just my sphere of awareness, but it seems hotels/motels are becoming actual shooting destinations for more and more photographers, and not just the makeshift studio of last resort. Chas Ray Krider of Motel Fetish even goes so far as to use his studio to recreate the look and feel of cheap retro hotels. (By the way, if you're looking for a copy of his long out-of-print book, let me know.) Obviously, Don Nelson has built the majority of his recent work around hotel rooms, but plenty of other photographers are doing a lot of work in them, too. My first shoot with Candy almost a year and a half ago was a hotel room shoot, and she came prepared to turn it into something a bit off the beaten path. Thanks Candy, and thanks for your patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woaw !!! I link you too ! I love your choices.