Monday, May 07, 2007

No Worries

Ended up having a very nice weekend up in Toledo, where Andi and I started with the opening of Boyd Hambleton's newest gallery show at the Collingwood Arts Center, Sessions. (Here's Boyd looking moody in the smoking lounge outside the show.) The show will be hanging for a while longer, so if you're in the area, contact the Collingwood and make arrangements to check it out. Some outstanding new work from Boyd on display, with an improved presentation of images compared to last August's show. Never one to stop moving, he's already planning for the next show to open June 1, which will include a selection of 8 or 10 different photographers, and I'm honored to be among those invited to participate. The show will be called "Dark Visions," so I've been working on selecting images, and considering new ideas for the theme. More as this develops.

Saturday was the night of a bonfire/party in honor of Rose, who earlier that day had graduated from college. WOOT! I'm not usually much of a partay animal, but this was a nice relaxed gathering of friends surrounding a bonfire in an open field, and ended up being a very good time. As I've noted before, she's been a favorite model of mine since I got serious about photography again, and I'm hoping that wherever she settles down isn't TOO far away, or at least that she'll be coming back from time to time. Congratulations!

Sunday's highlight was an impromptu photo shoot with a Andi and Boyd featuring a couple of models Boyd's been working with quite a lot recently. Don't have anything to share just yet, but the sneak previews are really nice. And some naughty stuff in there, too. Boyd was also kind enough to give me a couple quick ropework lessons, so perhaps my technique will be a little more improved next time that opportunity arises.

This shot is Diann, shot at the Collingwood a couple months ago. I'm lucky enough to be working with her again later this month...

No comments: