Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Blue Moon

On June 30th, we'll have a "Blue Moon" meaning the second full moon within a single month. The old expression "once in a blue moon" means something happens rarely, but it actually works out to once every 11 months, more or less. The new shot over on Iris' blog reminded me of this shot I did of Mandy and Abigail last fall. Some photographers would get bent out of shape at the similarity, but it just tells me that it's a pretty self-evident idea when you're lucky enough to have more than one model to work with. Jim and the ladies did a nice job with the idea, adding a little sand texture to boot.

Coincidentally (I think) Mandy e-mailed me this morning commenting on the shot above and expressed an interest in setting up another shoot when time and travel will permit. Talk about once in a blue moon...

By the way here's another shot from the same session with Mandy and Abigail -- both amazing models. I still have some shots from this session awaiting editing. Maybe I'll find some extra hours in June somehow -- the 21st is the longest day of the year after all.

2 comments:

|ris said...

Gary - I am glad you see it that way. Even though the basic idea between yours and my shot is similar, both images have a very different feel to them. Yours is obviously "Gary", while the one on mine is clearly "Jim". I think Jim wanted to focus in on the diagonal line of the shoulder blades, which is the main focus of the shot, which yours takes a different viewpoint.
I hope you and Mandy will shoot again soon - you both have done excellent work together and I'm sure there will be more.

Stephen Haynes said...

Cool work with Abigail, with whom I've worked repeatedly and consider a good friend. When I pointed out this posting to her, she wrote, "That whole set is super hot!!" Which suggests there's more to show us!