Saturday, June 23, 2007

Double take

Here's a picture I took of Amanda over a year ago. The poorly scanned image on the right is from the new issue of Blender. The similarity caught my eye... very similar setting, lighting, angle, with both subjects caught in a sort of "standing still in mid-air" instant. The reflexive thought was that maybe someone had seen my shot and liked the idea. But giving it some actual thought, I realized that the world is filled with old sloppily rehabbed buildings with rough walls and concrete floors (although mine was shiny) and those buildings have big windows that would light a subject in a similar way, and the frozen jump pose is certainly nothing new, as discussed previously. So, another instance of parallel development...

It's funny... Amanda never really liked this shot, but I love it, and it gets a lot of comments and compliments. So, another instance of the model and photographer not always agreeing on which shots are best...

No comments: