Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Parallel Development Week

Yet another entry in the "parallel development" category. Saw some shots by another photographer who's recently been playing around with fishing line tied tightly around a model. The two shots here are from my February session with Candy, when we experimented for a little while with what I'd called "microbondage" at the time. She wasn't too keen on the "lumpy" effect it had on her flesh, and it definitely leaves marks on the skin almost immediately, so since I wanted to do more with her, but didn't have time to wait for lines to fade, we moved on. Still have the fishing line in my bag, and have been meaning to revisit the idea, but we'll see. And again, while I'd done these shots a while ago, I haven't really shown them to anyone before, so I'm just pointing out how some common objects have self-evident potential as photo props.

No comments: