Thursday, June 14, 2007

Think too much...

Had the privilege of shooting with Carlotta again yesterday, but I have to admit I was a little bit off my game, largely because of the heat in the studio, and just so much other stuff going on cluttering my thinking. In hindsite, I realize a number of things I should have done differently and opportunities missed. While we got a lot of images I'm very happy with, I can't help but feel if I'd had my act together, it could have been a much more productive shoot. Thanks to Carlotta for doing a great job and for being patient and putting up with the heat. (This should motivate me to get set up in my basement space for studio work, especially as I continue to learn just how many top-flight photographers are working in their dining room or spare bedroom.) Thanks also to Danaid for stopping by for a bit as well. Love the tan and the new hairstyle. ;) The shot here is from my first session with Carlotta, which showcased yesterday.

Also honored yesterday by OMP was this shot of Alexis. Our last shoot was the type of highly-productive outing that I wish I'd managed with Carlotta last night. Alexis and I did quite a few different set-ups and styles. Of course, there wasn't the heat problem to contend with, and we shot a while longer, but I think it was also that I went into it with a less cluttered frame of mind (and definitely put less pressure on myself). Maybe Andi's right... I do think too much sometimes... funny how I can think so much about something without managing to end up with an actual plan. Next time for sure. Better start thinking...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol - 'hairstyle'.... had a good time. sometimes, thinking is the enemy. but i think you may surprise yourself.... ; )