Friday, July 13, 2007

Some erotica

Last night I worked up a couple unofficial flyers for the MWSEP show opening coming up on July 28th, which of course means the OFFICIAL flyer (below) showed up in my e-mail this morning. C'est la vie des artes.

The blue pool photo in the top version of the flyer is a BT Charles shot I pirated from his blog that I thought looked "summery" in a dark sort of way. (BT is the driving force behind the exhibit and the MidWest Society of Erotic Photography, too.) The other flyer features my Sativa gas mask shot shown here a couple weeks ago.

Anthony from DVS did a great job on the official flyer, inspired by Patty Izzo's photo. So, if you're in the Detroit-ish area, please pimp the show to friends and open-minded family, and make plans to attend. There will be complimentary wine at the opening reception from J. Garcia, but sadly, I doubt there will be any Cherry Garcia.

The "Summerotica" show is slated to feature work from 20 members of the MWSEP, up to 5 pieces per person, so potentially 100 hanging pieces, plus there will be a "museum store" set-up for smaller and unframed pieces, too. The S3V3RANC3 Gallery is re-opening after a two-year hiatus, so they'll be pulling out all the stops. If you can't make the opening reception, the show will be hanging throughout August, open to the public on Saturdays from 10am to 3, or by appointment. See you there!

3 comments:

|ris said...

Gary - I think your flyer is just as official as the other one :)
Wonderful work! Looking forward to the opening reception - I know it will be a lot of fun! And I get to spend it with some of my favorite people :)

dfklldoind said...

These are awesome gary.
See you in a few weeks.

bt

DVS said...

I never saw the blue flyer...beautiful. I actually like that the best, but then again, I'm usually drawn to the darker dramatic stuff. =)

By the way, though I appreciate the plug, I didn't create the "official" flyer. Severance folk did. =D