Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Replacements

This shot is about 20 years old, the Replacements live onstage in Columbus, opening for X. I managed to get a camera in and grabbed two or three frames of the 'Mats before a bouncer came over and made me put it away. When X came out, I maneuvered a ways away from the bouncer (it was general admission with a crowd of people on the ballroom floor), and shot half a dozen frames before he started towards me. I quickly rewound the film and popped it out of the camera and into my pocket, and managed to load my second roll by the time he got to me. As he threatened before, he demanded that I take the film out of my camera and give it to him, which I did, then just enjoyed the rest of the show. When I got back the processed slides from the show, I was really pleased that this shot came out so well... you can see the faces of every member of the band, and they're all in pretty good rock and roll poses. A few of the shots of X came out well, but I'm not sure where I have those stashed... this is not a great scan either, but it popped up on my hard drive the other day, so I thought I'd see who's paying attention out there.

1 comment:

James M Graham said...

I'm envious - this tour didn't come through Raleigh - but I did see them on the TIM tour...

4 songs and then a fight...

Glorious.