Sunday, October 14, 2007

Quitting time?

Strange, but in the past few days, I've read blog posts from several different photographers talking about taking a break from photography, in one form or another. Maybe it's the time of year, burnout from a busy summer, or something in the air, or just plain old coincidence. I know I need to slow down on the shoots, speed up on the editing, and get stuff out there into the world in some way other than this blog. Maybe the time to take a shooting break was BEFORE getting into this new space, because now that I have it and I'm paying rent, I'm obviously obliged to make use of it. Or so I tell myself.

I'm committed to group events the next three weekends, but after that, I think I'll take a break from those for a while at least. Unless of course something irresistable and amazing presents itself... like if I could miraculously attend Community Zoe Fest next week. Maybe I can start planning to attend next year...

This model goes by Sin, photographed this summer. I'd love to work with her some more, and she has friends she can refer, but I've not been able to take advantage of the opportunity. Now she's talking about moving to California, so that opportunity may go. But you can't chase every ambulance, as the attorneys might say.

I don't intend to stop shooting anytime soon... but I do need to refine and streamline things somehow... but you've heard that from me before. In the words of Bullwinkle, "This time for sure!"

3 comments:

Dave Rudin said...

If you don't want to give up photography totally for a while, Gary, why not try photographing something other than nudes?

I felt the same way a few years ago so I went on a trip to Japan to do some travel photography. Obviously, you don't need to do something like that, but any change may do you some good.

Now, "watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat. Nothin' up my sleeve......"

|ris said...

I love that first image! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Quel joli blog
et ma foi...
quel joli lien !

Je vous embrasse

Angélique