Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mood vs. Technical


Here's an image from the summer, featuring London (see link at right) and Danaid. I like the contrast in their skin tones, and I think the softness of Danaid lends a nice mood to the image. What do you guys think?


Like Charlie Brown, I could certainly use a vacation and a change of scenery, and it never seems as simple as just picking up and going. I guess the question would be, if I decided to vacation someplace, would I take my camera? Should I try to arrange shoots? Would I end up working and negating the restorative powers of a vacation? Or if I left the gear at home, would I spend the entire trip wishing I'd brought it and seeing every striking shooting location and/or potential model as a missed opportunity? Maybe if I traveled more, I wouldn't feel the need for every trip to be productive. Or take the camera and just spend a week photographing seashells and sunsets and still life details. Snow on the ground and a temperature of 9°F this morning sure has me thinking... yes, he complains when it's too hot, he complains when it's too cold. Evidently, Goldilocks was an ancestor of mine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think one ingores the blurry girl in the foreground. the eye focus on the background girl thats not good, but maybe wanted.

You have other versions of this shot?

|ris said...

What a wonderful image!!!

Lin said...

Yes you need a holiday! We all do!
But take your camera.
Trust me, you'd be miserable without it :-)

Anonymous said...

I think a nice compromise to a vacation would be what you said...take your camera, but point it only at the inanimate. A vacation is a break from your norm. Photography is your norm. But maybe since it IS your norm, you shouldn't leave it completely. You might even feel like you're missing something without it!

Anonymous said...

Not bad. Personally, I'd rather have focused on the girl in front, on the right side, with the second one looking at her for instance, and a slightly closer frame on both of them. Nice one.