Friday, August 11, 2006

Mysterious Ways


A couple shots from the recent Collingwood group event... Katharine Rose and Charity as belly dancers. We tried shooting on the stage in the auditorium, but with no time and no access to the stage lighting proper, the results were on the disappointing side. Luckily, Andi spotted a couple lights and the textured back wall of the auditorium and was doing some shots with them back there, so I nicked the idea and shot some in this style. That seems to be par for the course at Collingwood for me... the more planned something is, the less likely it will be interesting, but sometimes the spontaneous stuff surprises me. Another event later this month that I may manage to attend if the astouding Abigail can grant me the indulgence of a slight rescheduling.

Charity has also started a photo blog of her own, which she credits this blog for inspiring, and Boyd is threatening to do one, too. Gotta say I was inspired by Don Nelson's "Hotel Room Nudes" and Candy's "Feminism Without Clothes" so props to them... links at right for both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice lighting. Well done.

ARConn said...

Just found this place.
U've been doing some real solid work.
I'll be back.