Monday, September 11, 2006

Welcome "Hotel Room Nudes" fans

Wanted to thank Don, photographer extraordinaire, for kindly linking to me from his outstanding blog "Hotel Room Nudes" and welcome all of you who are fans of Don's blog and clicked over here. He's a tough act to follow, to be sure.

I also want to thank Don for taking the time (back in November of last year) to share a little of his experience and some useful advice when I posted in a Model Mayhem thread asking for information on doing a hotel room shoot. I was concerned about whether the hotel would give me a hard time or throw me out or worse for doing nude photography. What I found most helpful, and I still recall it regularly, is the simple idea that for the duration of your stay, the hotel room is your home, so whatever is OK to do at home is OK to do in a hotel room. I've found that idea to be comforting when I get a little nervous about dragging a bunch of camera gear into the hotel, accompanied by a beautiful model. I tell myself, "for tonight, this is my home." Of course, nobody is more at home in a hotel room than Don. Seen here is the most beautiful model from that particular junket, Candy (who also has her own excellent blog). Thanks Don, for your encouragement then, and the link now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

**blush** Gee, thanks.

I've gotta photograph Candy one of these trips.

On the road in Amarillo, Texas, with nary a model in sight...

-Don