Thursday, July 20, 2006

Gonna Make Ya Sweat


Here's AngelD, busting several moves of many, from the dance floor at IGUN in Bowling Green last night. It's actually two clubs on the same block who have their "Goth Night" on the same night, but it's sort of one event. Not to reveal trade secrets, but I saw a lot of "my" models there: AngelD, Sara, Charity, Katie, Heather, and several potential models. It's been a huge resource for models who work with the noted Boyd Hambleton... it's part of how he can be so prolific. Boyd's been a great source of encouragement and information since I first met him last year, and his frequent group events have helped me develop my skills as well as my network, so many thanks to Boyd. Boyd's impressive body of work has also been very influentual and inspirational for me. Also shouldn't shortchange my girlfriend Andi, who is essentially the one who connected Boyd (and me) with the IGUN crowd. Besides being a kickass photographer in her own right, has also been a huge source of encouragement for me and has introduced me to many of my favorite models...not to mention her infinite patience with my photographic pursuits, and for not being jealous of my shooting with so many beautiful (and frequently nude) models.

By the way, I use the term "my models" not in the sense of possession or ownership, but simply as shorthand for "models with whom I have worked" and as a certain term of endearment. Almost without exception, I've found the models I've worked with to be delightful and charming, and I wish only the best for them. So, while there has been some controversy in the forums about the use of the term, I'll still refer to these beautiful women (and men now and again) as "my models."

No comments: