Friday, July 14, 2006

Lost in Transrasterization

Couldn't resist fast-tracking one from Wednesday night's shoot with Gaea. I think I'm going to be working with her on a regular basis. I may have to get this one printed nice and large. You can't tell from the compressed, shrunk version, but the detail on this one is just razor sharp, and I love the light and her form is just perfect here. Yeah, I'm gloating a bit. But it's a shame that the detail gets lost in the resizing and such. I think I need to do a bit of investigating on how to hold that sharpness when resizing, rather than losing it. Granted, how much detail can 72dpi hold? But there are some photographers who manage to get crisper small images. I don't think it's just a matter of "sharpening" or "unsharp mask" but I'm guessing a plug-in of some sort.

I think some of the folks who read this are photographers. Anyone care to share any insights?

No comments: