Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Time out

Well, sometimes nature tells you when to take a break.

The "health problem" I've previously alluded to here is your basic gallbladder trouble, and I met with the surgeon this morning to discuss surgery to remove it. That will be in a couple weeks, and he's saying to expect some near total downtime for a week or so after, and about 6-8 weeks for full recovery to the point where I can resume normal activity such as toting photo gear and doing a shoot. That takes me up to Christmas and New Years-ish, so I'm guessing there won't be any more shooting until January. Maybe he's giving me all the worst-case info, so there's a chance it could be sooner, but I'm not betting on it.

The upside is that it should sideline me for a while so I can catch up on other projects and obligations that will require more time with the mouse and keyboard than the camera. My apologies if this is becoming a repetitive motif of this blog... downtime has been intended for months, but now something has come along to force my hand and make me take a time out.

Blogging will still continue, and there should be a steady flow of images to share. I chose this one of Nurse Beth giving Melissa the treatment... seemed medically appropriate. Maybe if I'm lucky, Nurse Beth will pay me a visit while I'm laid up, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you recover quickly, gary, and that the process isn't too painful *frowns* i'll be sending you good thoughts!

Anonymous said...

blimey flip!

healing vibes a-plenty GR8 M8