Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekend update...

Welcome visitors from afuckaday, the beautiful blog with the unfortunate name...here are a couple of shots of the stunning Carlotta for your consideration. Blog comments encouraged.

Home again after a weekend in Toledo town... another Collingwood group shoot Saturday. Had a couple cancellations and a couple short sessions, but ended up adding a shoot with a new model, so a pretty productive day. I think I did okay for not having more detailed ideas (just hasn't been time to think the past couple weeks), and enjoyed a few nice surprises. Hope to get some stuff edited soon to share with you. Thanks to the lovely models who braved the dank basement...

Andi got a ton of tremendous images at the shoot. Trying hard not to be too envious, but she just makes it look so easy. :) Well done, sweetie. She's becoming the queen of cash and prizes...

Delivered my framed prints for the "Dark Visions" show, and one of the images is potentially a bit too suggestive for the venue, and not the one I'd guessed might be the problem. Because I want you all to come out to the big show, I'm keeping them under wraps for now... here's more details on the show if you think you can stop by.

After the shoot, about 20 photographers and models descended on the unprepared Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner... quite the spectacle, with some of the models in pretty sexy outfits, one model painted blue, and an intimidating-looking photographer or two, one small child was heard to remark "Mommy, there are scary people there" as we loitered around the foyer waiting for our table. ONE waitress was tasked with managing not just our group of 20, but similarly large groups on either side of us, so it ended up being about a 3-hour tour. A 3-hour tour... a long wait for a lot of people tired and hungry from a busy day's shooting, but a fine time was had by all.

Spent today rather leisurely hanging out with Andi... sleeping late, a bit of shopping, a bit of fine dining, a trip to the antique mall where we found a few treasures and met a lovely potential model (fingers crossed), and then stopped by two different beaches just to stroll around. Took a few shots, including this little mandala that Andi made, and a number of dead fish that seemed to be all along the beaches. All in all, an enjoyable weekend, and I still have tomorrow "off" so I'll need to decide what's the most urgent matter to be dealt with. I suspect I'll do some editing, so I'll hopefully have more goodies to share with you soon.

5 comments:

Espirito da Lua said...

I liked it very blog is funny, amused and sexy;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the welcome. I am one of those who found your site through that "beautiful blog with the unfortunate name"... and I agree, it IS an unfortunate name.

I've only just begun to explore your blog, but so far I am extremely impressed. You have some really beautiful work. I can't wait to go through the rest of the site.

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Haha!
The restaurant was hilarious. It was so sad I had to remove the paint from my face.

Unknown said...

the shot with the shells is amazing, gar. wow. i love it.

Unknown said...

the shot with the shells is amazing, gar. wow. i love it.