Thursday, May 31, 2007

Come on Darkness...


So come on love
And lay your body down, next to mine
'cause what we're longing for has withered in the light
Come on darkness
Lay your body down on us
We've been calling you for so long now
We're weary of your name
Come on blackness
Let me breathe you in
'cause with this clattering and din we are calling you

-- Come on Darkness, Camper Van Beethoven

Just one last reminder that Friday is the opening reception for Dark Visions at the Collingwood. Click the link for details. I'm honored to be invited to participate in the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing the "dark" work the other photographers will be exhibiting. Hope to see you there.

Should be a lovely weekend... it's strange how my mind has sort of been "on hold" in anticipation of this show. I'm hoping that after Friday, I'll be able to mentally cross it off my to-do list and move on. Looks like the day job crunch should be abating some next week as well, which will be a relief.

The image is Iris, finding the balance between dark and light.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the exhibition represents the start of yet another chapter in your illustrious new career. Good luck!

dfklldoind said...

Gary,

Beautiful photo there Gary...and a beautiful model as well.

We are looking forward to seeing you this evening and this weekend.

bt