Monday, December 31, 2007

Signing off for 2007

One of the things that's been occupying my time and mind lately has been entering a few different competitions closing out the end of the year. Just got word from the Erotic Signature Competition that, while I finished "out of the money," one of my shots "Cruel Shoes" (featuring Iris) was chosen as one of the winners to appear among the 200 pieces in the book, "The World's Greatest Erotic Art of Today" Volume II to be published in May 2008. Congratulations also to Johnny Flamethrower, James Graham, Dave Levingston, Lochai, Jim Young, as well as the other included artists. And as always, thank you Iris for helping to create what's becoming a signature image for me.

The ES competition includes photography, sculpture, paintings, drawings, digital illustrations, etc. and while I'm not sure the exact number of competitors, there was an online gallery featuring all the pieces entered, and I would estimate the number to be well over 1000. There also appears to be plans for a traveling exhibit of show pieces from this year and last year, so I might have to venture to one of the exhibit cities when the time comes. The organizers indicate that 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the book will go to a charity voted upon by members of the site (they're making their money on entrance fees, etc). If you'd like to purchase a signed copy of the book through me, please let me know with a comment here, or via e-mail to garymphoto {at} gmail {dawt} com. I'll make more details available here once I get them, a little closer to the publication date.

So, between that good news, fun shoots over the weekend, and some other encouraging words and signs from various sources, it looks like things are on the upswing as I head into 2008. I'd like to thank all the models I've been fortunate enough to work with throughout the year -- without you, these images would be a lot less interesting. Thank you to my friends, old and new, for their encouragement and support throughout the year. And thanks to you regular readers of this little exercise in self-indulgence, especially those of you who take the time to comment now and again. Wishing you all a happy new year's and all the best in 2008.

5 comments:

|ris said...

Congratulations Gary!!! This is so very well deserved :)
I couldn't think of a better way to finish the year...

I'm really honored this image made it into the book. Cruel Shoes, and Obvious Indiscretion (by Jim Young), which was also selected for the book, are two of my absolute favorite images in my portfolio. I will always treasure this image! Thank you for creating it.

Lin said...

Congrats Gary! And a happy new year to you :-)

Lin & Rich

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gary!
Sounds like great things are on the horizon. :)
Wishing you nothing but the best for this new year.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, bro! Congrats!

IGMS said...

Wow! Congrats my friend!