Monday, January 01, 2007

"...and the Fluffy goes to..."


I must say I'm extremely gratified to have received two mentions on the excellent UK photo blog Fluffytek in their "2006 Fluffy Nude Photographic Awards" post. Not to be confused with Fuzzytek (an excellent photographer in Detroit), Fluffytek is an art nude blog run by photographer Richard Bang and his model/collaborator/wife Lin. They've been mutually linked here almost since I started I&E in June, and I always enjoy seeing their work and reading their philosophical take on matters of art and photography and modeling and such. Do check them out if you haven't already.

They selected my little blog here for their Award for Best Fine-Art Nude Blog, and the above image of the amazing Mandy was Richard's pick for Best Blog Image of the Year. It's great to be recognized alongside such outstanding photographers/bloggers as Don Nelson's Hotel Room Nudes, Nad Iksodas, Feminism Without Clothes, Iris Dassault, Pretty Girl Shooter, Magic Flute Nudes, Sascha Hüttenhain, and Marcus Ranum. I'm already making room on my mantlepiece for my Fluffy Award trophies. Thanks Lin and Richard for the recognition, and all your support and encouragement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations Gary, well deserved.

|ris said...

Gary - VERY well deserved! Your blog is always sensible, interesting and very well written. I enjoy reading it every day!