Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Blogrolling...the models

As a part two for the earlier blogrolling entry, here's a quick introduction to the models whose sites I have linked, scientifically sequenced using top secret criteria... obviously, I'd suggest paying their sites a visit for all the latest scoop from them. Tell them I sent ya...
The list starts with Candy (above) and her excellent blog Feminism Without Clothes. I've talked about Candy here a number of times, so I won't rehash it. Suffice to say that she's a wonderful young lady richly deserving of all the attention she's been getting lately. The shot above is from our recent shoot, from which many more treasures wait to be unearthed.

Iris Dassault has been exceptionally supportive of my work, and I really enjoy shooting with her and love the results we've managed so far. I say so far, because I hope to work with her more as the warm weather approaches. Her blog has been praised far and wide both for its images and its thoughtful insights, and rightly so. Check it out! (Or read more Iris entries from this blog.)

Rose and I go back a ways to when I was first getting serious about the model photography thing. While I don't like to play favorites, she's one of the models I always enjoy working with, even though we often seem to catch one another on an off day. Have her on my card for the next group shoot, and I'm looking forward to being on top of my game that day and doing even more memorable new work with her before she graduates and moves even further away. She pops up in this blog pretty regularly if you'd care to see more of our work and read more about her. (on edit: she's since taken down her blog)

...angel del polvo... (Angel of the Dust) is the blog of the magnificent AngelD. Just about as energetic, sweet and funny as a person gets, she can switch into a real zone of intensity in front of the camera and achieves some incredible things with that wrought-iron physique of hers. Of course, she does great with the softer side, and frequently likes to inject her weird sense humor into the proceedings, too. Plus, she appears to be fearless... snakes, rooftops, odd guys wielding nipple rings... she'll work with it and look great doing it. Word is she's moving away soon, too. I miss her already. :( See more AngelD fun elsewhere on my blog.

Beauty is All In The Mind is Crystallynn's blog reflecting her attitude that there are many ways to add beauty to the world. In addition to modeling, she also does work as a stylist/make-up artist (MUA!) among a variety of other talents. Coming off something of a tempestuous year, it looks like she's really going to be directing a lot more of her time into her modeling during the months ahead... which is good news for me! More Crystallynn entries...

Go Back to Sleep is the well-intended, but infrequently updated blog of Sleep to Dream, aka Charity. A sweetheart who always has plenty of ideas, she has a lot more range than she usually explores. Always a pleasure to shoot with her, I'm looking forward to working with her many more times. Read about some of our other adventures

Strangling is the blog of the woman with many names: Mas69ter, Edward, but most simply, Heather. Shoots with Heather always have an accidental quality about them for some reason. Moreso in the planning of the shoots, rather than the results, although I'll admit to things being a bit hit-or-miss with her. My earliest recollection of her is wandering around the Southfield shoot with Andi, topless under a fuzzy white coat with her striking red hair... as she and Andi were walking by, I had Heather stop for a couple impromptu shots with Barbie, so I guess even our first shoot was more or less accidental. She's really only shown up in the blog once or twice before, but maybe more will be forthcoming before long.

Last but not least is The Original Jada, a Chicago model I hope to work with at some point... she was kind enough to give me a link early, and she runs a very lively and entertaining blog, so be sure to check it out. Thanks Jada!

Thanks to all these fine models for their hard work and efforts, and for placing their confidence in me, especially those who worked with me when I was just getting started with the model photography rock-n-roll thing. It's been great so far, and I look forward to a big year ahead.

Of course, I have lots of nice things to say about models NOT listed here, but to my knowledge, they don't have blogs that they're maintianing. Models, if you feel I've left you off my links list, just let me know. Cheers all!

2 comments:

|ris said...

It better get warm.. SOON!
Thank you for the kind words. I always enjoy our shoots. More to come, for sure!

Jada said...

Come visit Chicago!

-Jada