Thursday, March 22, 2007

H20 Art Show

I'm supposed to take some work down to an art show this evening at a club downtown. It's billed as an art show, but the flyer only features musicians, so who knows? Haven't even been to the club, let alone seen their set-up for an art show, so I'm just going to take my little stack of mounted prints, find a place to show a few of them off, and see if anyone looks my way. These are essentially the ones that did NOT sell at the Dirty Show, so maybe they'll play in Dayton a little better. Or maybe not.

Coincidentally, another shot of Sarah behind the masks. Thought for SURE this one would sell at Dirty.

Postscript: turns out I HAVE been to the club, numerous times. I'd known it for years as The Dayton Diner, but it's changed hands umpteen times since then and I lost track -- turns out it is now The Pearl. Got there a few minutes later than I'd planned, but the charming Mary set me up with a primo spot next to Kidtee Hello's table. Was able to nicely display 15 prints, and sold the print of Sarah shown above. (Thanks Matt!) Got a good number of folks really looking over the work who were very complimentary, and I may even have a couple new models out of the evening as well. :) There will be another show there April 17th, and I plan to have a number of new prints available then. Also going to look at a way of selling "loose" prints rather than matted so I can have some product at a little more affordable price. Thanks again to Mary and everyone who stopped by.

1 comment:

ARConn said...

Well this is certainly one of the more interesting images i've seen. Brilliant idea. That those were dust masks lends itself to an intriguing line of interpretation/story-making.