Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Noir

Had something of a "film noir" notion when I thought of this shot... turned out a little different, but I still like it. Can't go wrong with Sarah...

Thanks to all who took the time to give me a "yeah" in the JPG magazine voting. Despite the heavy traffic to this site in the last few weeks, it doesn't seem to have translated into votes. I know a lot of visitors are just here for the boobs, but I'm starting to wonder how many of the visitors are even actual people versus some sort of automated bots that just cruise the net and harvest images. So, if you're a person reading this, please take a moment to just leave a comment or something. I'd greatly appreciate it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the film noir aspect, great photo! you've got fans that are lurkers (like me), but fans nonetheless.....

Anonymous said...

Nice, moody image. I think you've succeeded in the right atmosphere but the pose looks a little forced to me.

Keep up the good work!

Peter B

Anonymous said...

Count me as another lurker. I'm not much of an art critic but I know what I like and I like what you do.

Unknown said...

When I get home from work, I'm too tired to read intently, so I tend to look at photologs while practicing bass*. Television is anathema to me, because it's non-interactive, and somehow it seems to blank my mind -- not in the good way that exercise can clear your mind, but in an insidious, stupefying, pacifying, apathy-inducing way -- and that's no good.

I found you through Don Nelson's Hotel Room Nudes blog. I actually read every word you write, in my feed reader, before I click through to see the photo(s), just like I do with Mr. Nelson.

I am an actual human being. And a fan. If I had the free time to develop rote photography skills similar to the way I've spent a lifetime becoming a musician and a computer programmer, I would certainly do it. I envy you guys.

*not a euphemism

Vasco said...

Hey, I'm 100% human and I like your work. Maybe someday I'll devote myself to photography like I wanted to when I was growing up...

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across the site looking for b/w resources. Wow, fabulous images--yes, I love the boobs, but also hips, shoulders and shadows. Will bookmark and vote at JPG next time. Keep up the good work!