Tuesday, July 10, 2007

All smiles...

Somewhere, there's an unwritten rule against models smiling in art nudes. I guess if they look detatched and angst-ridden, that makes it art, but if they look happy and make eye contact with the viewer, it's something else. Well, I'm not sure I buy that. Granted, these aren't grand artistic statements, but I think they do a pretty good job capturing a glimpse of Ayden's beauty and her spirited nature. And today, I could use a smile from a beautiful woman, so here she is.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Although I've only just started working with models myself, I've already noticed the same thing. Smiling just isn't their default expression, and getting them to do it can be like pulling teeth, depending on the model.

I've never understood why that is. I've always preferred a smiling girl to one who isn't, in pretty much any context. And I can't see why displaying a wider range of emotions in the art nude genre would be a bad thing in either case.

Oolong said...

Hooray for smiles! That's a tremendously sweet, very beautiful photo. I don't get the whole anti-smiling thing either in art nudes or in mainstream modelling. Women hardly ever smile in magazine advertising, either. It's kind of depressing.