Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Play This Movie Loud"

Been shooting a lot in July... tried to keep June light and everything got pushed into July it seems. I've enjoyed the shoots, but it falls under the category of "finding oneself in a hole, yet continuing to dig" to a certain extent. For instance, here's a shot of Carlotta from last year's shoot, but have yet to find time to edit the shoot we did a few weeks ago... I'm going to try to be the immovable object on this for a while, but I keep encountering all these irresistible forces. ;)

Finally starting to get the hang of Lightroom, which should speed things along. I think I have the basics down, but might actually have to RTFM to answer a few esoteric questions and learn a few more tricks. Anyone know any good free resources for Lightroom tips and info?

There has been some weirdness in the air, too, of late. Hard to put my finger on it, but it feels like that weird state of mind that Tim Robbins' character experiences at the beginning of Jacob's Ladder. (I should watch that one again soon, but when will I find the time?) Strange things keep happening on personal levels, day job stuff, photographic levels, and then there's the general collapse of the U.S. democracy happening in slow motion around us, seemingly unstoppable. Disconcerting to say the least.

Thought I could have one of my favorite movies playing while I did some editing today... The Unheard Music is a documentary on the band X that's largely music performances, and I've watched it at least a dozen times, so I figured I could just sort of listen while editing, but the damn thing is so well made and creative that it demands to be watched. So after about 20 minutes, I realized I'd not really done any editing with the movie playing, I switched it off and just listened to some of their music instead. This seemed to put me in a great mood and energized me quite a bit... had been in a good mood before, but just a bit tired from a long shoot in the hotbox studio.

I'll tout the book and the show again... obliquely. Hoping my prints arrive sooner rather than later...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a gorgeous shot!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous model!