Friday, June 30, 2006

Great Minds?

In a case of "parallel development" or syncronicity or simply two photographers seeing something fairly obvious, I present today's image of Chrystyne, enjoying the racier bits of the Good Book in a Columbus motel room.

I bring it up because today in his excellent blog, Hotel Room Nudes, Don Nelson features a shot very much along these lines thematically. And coincidentally, also shot in a Columbus motel room.

I'm sure neither Don nor I were the first to have this notion, and while he took his trademark low-key approach, Chrystyne and I were going for something a little more retro with the harsher lighting and her Bettie Page wardrobe selection. But I thought I'd post this now so that there was no question that it's coincidence, not a knockoff.

Then again, I must acknowledge that Don's hotel room work sets the bar I've aspired to on the occasions I've shot in hotels. He was kind and patient enough to answer a number of my newbie questions before my first hotel shoot -- the trip that included the session with Candy mentioned a few days ago. His work continues to inspire me in more ways than one. Cheers Don!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, then it's NOT plagarism.