Sunday, June 25, 2006

Nothing's sweeter than Candy

Received a nice little blog site tribute from one of my models, Candy. She recounts that our shoot was her first time shooting nude (apart from with boyfriends), and that she found the experience positive enough that she felt confident persuing more nude modeling. Now it seems she has a hard time staying clothed before the camera -- lucky for us.

Last November, I'd actually booked a shoot with a fairly high-profile LA model who was temporarily staying in the DC area, and decided to book a few other shoots to make the most of the trip. I had two nice, but fairly uninspired shoots on Friday, and Saturday the model I'd travelled to shoot with flaked on me, including keeping my deposit money, so I'd wasted the entire day, and it felt like the trip was going to be a complete waste of time. Luckily, Candy showed up on Sunday morning for our shoot and saved the day...and the trip.

I don't know if she realized it at the time, or even now, but she was among the first nude subjects I'd worked with, too -- as I recall, maybe the fourth or fifth for me, so I was a bit nervous myself. She was also basically the first model to approach me wanting a "concept" for a shoot -- she had collected dozens of Rx bottles of various sizes and types, so we decided to create something of a total debauch. The girl with the blood red hair in fishnets, heels, lingerie (at least for a few) splayed across the hotel bed surrounded by pills and bottles. Looks like a cross between a drug orgy and a suicide attempt. If I had it to do over again, I might throw in an empty vodka or Jack Daniels bottle to complete the effect, and maybe made her look a little less perfectly beautiful, but I still think we achieved the desired effect.

Sadly, we didn't have a lot of time for the shoot, as I would have loved to explore some other ideas with her, and just do some artistic figure work with her. This shot just hints at the potential she's since unleashed as a figure model. I'm going to have to plan another trip back east to work with her again. So, thank you, Candy -- for the tribute, and for making that trip a success instead of a total write off.

No comments: