Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Art works...

Just wanted to share a painting by Craig P. who is a young artist from Massachusetts. Craig saw my shot of Kiki and contacted me for permission to use it as the basis for a 2x3 foot painting, which is presented here. I'm flattered that he chose one of my shots (and pleased that he asked first). Craig says he feels it's his best painting yet, and I think he does a nice job of capturing the gesture and the mood, and it shows a lot of potential. I'd hang it on my wall to be sure. He tells me he's looking over my portfolio to select another image to work with next, so perhaps this will be an on-going series. Thanks Craig!

I know another artist who's working on a painting based on another one of my photos... hope she finds time to finish it soon so I can show it off here, too.

2 comments:

|ris said...

Ah.. very cool! Craig did a nice job. I'm looking forward to seeing the other piece! I've received some interesting renderings from a pretty famous digital artist on some of my images. Quite fascinating to see how they can transfer a photo into a completely different entity. Hope to share some of those with you soon.

Andi said...

Don't you know? I'm never really finished with anything! :)