Monday, October 22, 2007

Unattainment for Men


Back when I was in college, someone published a Playb0y parody magazine called "Playbore" with the motto "Unattainment for Men" which was probably the funniest thing about it. "Unattainment" was a good description of my attempts to obtain a couple of recent publications.

Several of the other blogs I link to and photographers I know have mentioned or have work in The Secret Photo Anthology #5, and while I wanted to get a copy, buying direct from the publisher is a little pricey (about $85) due to shipping to the US and the weak dollar vs. the Euro. I'd briefly seen Martin Class' copy at an art show a few weeks ago, and was inspired to do a little futher hunting. Turns out it was listed on Bud Plant's store as "backordered" so I went ahead and placed my order, not expecting it to actually ever ship. Well, nice surprise, I just got word that my copy has shipped, and I should have it by the end of the week. At this moment, Bud Plant's Website is showing that it's "in stock" for $60 plus shipping, which still ain't cheap, but well worth it. Probably will be a collector's item. I trust that buying from Bud rather than buying direct is still profitable for the publisher, Jürgen Boedt, so if you've had it on your wish list, this might be the way to go.

Also, the new magazine Carrie Leigh Nude has been very elusive, but I managed to track one down on eBay for something of a price premium. The premier issue features among other things, an article on Dave Rudin. So more copies may pop up on eBay, but it now appears that subscribing via the website will include the premier issue -- a recent development -- so if you've been looking for that, too, you may be in luck.

2 comments:

Dave Rudin said...

Glad you were able to find a copy, Gary. I hope you like it - and thanks for the mention!

Dave

Anonymous said...

Carrie Leigh's NUDE is the best magazine that you can find. The best Layout, printing and selection of tasteful nudes. Order it now because the second issue will go as fast as the first. A magazine without ads is a dream. Con-tense only !!!!!