Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dreaming is free...

At the last group shoot, I was pretty fascinated by this window and the curtain blowing in the breeze. Not something I expected to find, and in the interest of travelling very light, I'd managed to leave the tripod 150 miles away at home. Would have really been a big help on the long exposures. So, I just tried using a chair as a camera support and shot a bunch of frames hoping for a seredipitious gust of wind to coincide with a sharp exposure and the correct metering -- the moving curtain changed the light on the lovely Aurora by a couple of stops, depending on how high the wind lifted it. Just briefly reviewing them, this one jumped out as what I was going for -- the right combination of her position, the lighting, the amount of blur in the curtain, the shape and position of the curtain, and still being fairly sharp. You'll probably see more of this breezy window soon, but thought I'd put this little sneak preview out sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos from this shoot.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful shot; I love it.