Friday, August 24, 2007

All I ever wanted

Welcome fans of Katie West...

Katie posted this top photo on her blog as part of her "gone fishing" message. She's going on a little vacation, that thing people in other countries seem to be able to do on a regular basis. But I was honored that she posted another image from our shoot, and am surprised at the attention it's immediately getting in her Flickr stream where she has quite the devoted following, deservedly so. Katie will also be going to a place where there's water actually clean enough to set foot in, another thing I'm a bit envious of. I'm sure she'll return with an array of beautiful photos to share. Have a great trip Katie!

Here's another of Katie from that same shoot as part of MY "gone fishing" message. Well, just a little road trip up to Toledo for another group shoot -- I swore I wouldn't subject myself to the August heat up there, but as Andi says, "I can resist anything except temptation." The forecast calls for a slight break in the stupifying heat wave on Saturday, and this time I'm traveling light: one digital camera, a couple serious lenses, a couple of "toy" lenses, and even taking my film camera just to see if I still know how to use it. Probably will even dress for the weather, even if it's not the most flattering look for me.

You have one last chance to see the "Summerotica" show this Saturday from 10am to 3pm at the S3V3RANC3 Gallery in Detroit. Was thinking I might need to pick up my pieces this weekend after the show closes, but I will probably just leave everything up there, as there are a couple Detroit events on September 15 where the work may get displayed, and a couple of friends have generously offered to wrangle things to get the pieces to the right places when needed. More on that once details are firmed up.

The drive to Toledo should be interesting, as I-75 goes right through Findlay, Ohio, where the recent flooding has been much in the news. Not sure if there will be anything to see from the highway or not. (On edit, this photo is from earlier this week showing 75 underwater. It was closed for a couple days, but has since reopened just for me.) All the recent midwest floods are making me consider adding flood insurance to my policy, even though I'm told I'm not in an "at risk" area for flooding. Guess that means coverage shouldn't be very expensive then, eh?

No comments: