Friday, November 03, 2006

Art and About

Before leaving for my dreary little business trip this week, I managed to squeeze in some time at a small art show hosted by the outstanding Kidtee Hello on Monday night. Besides having my first chance to talk with Kidtee at any length, got to meet some other cool people at the show, including Kevin from Dark Mannequin Designs. Kevin has been doing photography for about 5 years and has a distinctive style and works with some great subjects -- he gave me some interesting insights and a few things to think about.

Only had four pieces on hand to take to the show, including this shot of Valentine. Didn't sell anything, but have a couple people promising to contact me about buying prints. Also think I found a new subject to pose... very curvacious young lady who's something of a walking, talking pin-up. Plus, she's a roller-derby queen! Looking forward to working with her once I'm back on my photo feet. May also have an invite to a couple other area shows in the works, and will probably take part in her next show November 27 at the Oregon Express in Dayton. So, thanks again for the invite Kidtee, and congrats on the new studio space! Wish you continued success with your photography.

Don't think any more of my personal medical stuff really belongs in the photoblog, but if you're interested in my progress, I'll be trying to post updates over on MySpace before and (hopefully) after the surgery.

No comments: