Thursday, November 30, 2006

Pure Crystallynn


Here's the curvaceous Crystallynn, who was featured here a few entries back. She and I had shot a couple times before at the Collingwood group shoots. The first session was pretty disappointing, but probably because it was the first shoot of the day for each of us, and we only had a short session, so didn't really get the chance to warm up and find a groove. The second session was an improvement with some nice images, but I wasn't really satisfied with how I handled the shoot... again, another early one. No reflection on her... she's always open to ideas, but somehow I was blocked. But she had faith that the third time would be a charm, so we booked another session at Collingwood. Not only did we set it for later in the day, we decided that instead of the boots and corsets and lingerie and such that she had for our first sessions and trying to find good spots with some decent light, that we'd simplify and do some "little black dress" shots as well as straightforward nudes with studio lights. "Pure Crystallynn" if you will.

I have to say I think that simplifying made a difference... I'm really pleased with many of the shots we got, and so is she. This was her first full nude shoot in a long time, and I think only her second one ever. I was impressed with her poise and confidence -- even when people wandered onto the set a couple times during the shoot. I believe her confidence shows through in the shots, too. We're talking about doing another shoot soon, possibly at my studio. I'm planning to keep it pure next time, too.

No comments: