Monday, December 25, 2006

Blue Christmas


Was saddened to see the news today about the passing of the legendary James Brown. Back in college, my friend John introduced me to the genius of James Brown, and the music from his glory days is still among my very favorite. I had the chance to see James perform about 15 years ago, and it was simply amazing. Even got to shake his hand from the edge of the stage. It was a shame to witness his self-destructive behavior, but when he was on, he was simply incredible.

Did a little digging and found this photo of J.B. and an unidentified poodle. For some reason, I think this is just about the coolest photo ever. I once ordered a poster of this from an ad in a matchbook to make an enlargement of any photo you sent them.

Here's to you, J.B.

No comments: