Friday, December 15, 2006

Busted

The other night I was shooting with Kristina here, and started having more than my usual share of technical difficulties. The shutter on my camera refused to give me an exposure longer than about 1/125 of a second, which was not a problem for flash photography, but prevented me from doing available light work during the shoot. Towards the very end of the evening, I started getting the dreaded "Error 99" until I had to wrap the shoot. After some diagnostics, the problem does seem to be isolated in the camera, so it looks like I'll get to send it in to Canon for service. I've only had it for about six months, so it is under warranty, but may be gone for several weeks. I have a couple back-up options, but it looks like it's time to purchase a back-up camera for just this situation, as I have a number of shoots booked during the next month. Not an expense I was counting on right now, but I'm just going to bite the starfruit and make it happen.

Lots of stuff on the agenda for this weekend and the week ahead. Can't believe it's almost Christmas and the end of the year. So much to do, so little time. Wish me luck.

No comments: